Sunday, February 06, 2005

i stand corrected

I watched the first 8 episodes of this fine television program yesterday on DVD. (Comments about my lack of a life will be dismissed as truly obvious.) Actually, Marissa was punk rock in the beginning. There is a conversation between Marissa and Seth in Episode 2 in which she talks about listening to the Clash, Stiff Little Fingers and other punk bands. Seth says, "I can't believe I have the same taste in music as Marissa Cooper." Marissa says, "I told you, I'm angry." So, this Alex thing (fashionwise, at least) actually makes a little more sense.

In a more pathetic revelation, I may have to subscribe to the OC Insider for my political economic analysis of the use of music on this program. Yeah, that's why.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

I was going to point out this conversation in response to your last post, but I didn't get around to it. Although I still don't know that I'd have described her as punk rock then -- when they asked her what music she liked, didn't she say something like, "Right now? [pause] Punk." She was dabbling. And now she's a full-fledged lesbian! See what can happen when you listen to The Clash?

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home